Tuesday, July 22, 2008

WOW! What a Summer!

So, it's been over a month since my last blog. Kinda reminds me of when I was little and would try and keep a diary. I would be so excited to write in it on the 1st day and then it would be a long time until I wrote again.
So, since my last blog, we have been busy. I ran a week long VBS for over 325 kids and then had 3 kids with birthdays that weekend. We then got ready and packed for our vacay. We headed first to the North, eh, to Canada and the great Niagara Falls. We saw some really neat things up there, got to drive 110 (kmh) that is, and rode on the Maid of the Mist. We then left Canada, eh, and headed to Cooperstown. We got to watch some little leaguers playing ball at the Dream Park there and saw 2 Grand Slam homeruns. We went to the Baseball Hall of Fame and saw some neat things. We did in 1 day what would take my brother about 3 days to see. Sorry, Scott, they just aren't quite there yet.
After NY we headed to NJ and got to spend time with the fam. I finally got to see my new nieces and nephew. What cuties. The twin nieces now have the nickname of NT (New Twins) given to them by my twins the OTs. Doug, my nephew, was just as happy as could be. It was so much fun for the cousins to all hang out together, all though we did miss the Kondroski cousins TERRIBLY! We already have our trip planned for next year when we want to hit the Edison museum, the Empire State Building, and the Randolph parade. We even got to visit the Hospital while there since Pappy was a little under the weather. We're just thankful he's doing better.
After NJ, we then headed to CT to see my oldest and dearest friend, Kathy and her hubby John, and their 3 sons, Jack, Sean, and Ryan. It was great to catch up on old times and always weird that we have kids that play together now. We were able to watch the New Britain Rock Cats and 4 of the kids got called out to play Musical Chairs in between innings. (It always pays to know the man in charge.)
We were home for about a week, well most of us that is. Matt went to Vegas with college friends for a long weekend. Then, we all headed to Lake Cumberland KY with our cruise friends from OH. We rented a pontoon boat, went tubing, and rented a jet ski. I had never been on a jet ski before, but it was amazing. I think I had more fun on that then the kids.
So, before we left we had the oil change and it's going in again this week since it now has over 3,000 miles on it. The van lasted the whole time which is always a good thing, and what a way to spend the summer.
I Love seeing family and friends!

No comments: